If you’re looking for a fun activity on a summer night, then we’ve got the solution. A Paddleboard Glow Tour from Paddle SMTX. You’ll take a journey down the San Marcos River on a paddleboard equipped with special underwater LED light kits. There are seven different colors and settings to choose from which provide a unique look at the river and its wildlife.
Glow Tour Package
The Glow package includes a guided group tour down the San Marcos River at night. The cost is $30 per individual and that includes paddleboard, Nocqua LED lights, paddle, glow sticks and life jacket. Group discounts are also available through Paddle SMTX.
Other Packages/Services Available
Paddle SMTX also offers a wide range of paddle board, sit-on-top kayaks, fishing kayaks, and whitewater kayaks for rent at the Olympic Outdoor Center. Paddleboard yoga classes are also offered through Paddle SMTX.
Planning a birthday party, summer reunion, or corporate outing? Paddle SMTX offers a wide range of events to celebrate the occasion. These include guided trips on the San Marcos, Comal, and Guadalupe Rivers.
Beginner Tips for Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP)
If you’re a relative newcomer to stand up paddleboarding, then you’re in for a fun and exciting time! Here are some tips to help out as you explore this new sport:
- Rent Your Gear: While you may be incredibly enthusiastic about the prospects of this new hobby/sport, hold off on making any permanent investments into buying gear until you’ve had a few experiences on the water.
- Don’t Forget the PFD (Personal Flotation Device): Believe it not, stand up paddleboards are technically considered “vessels” and therefore require you to have a PDF according to U.S. Coast Guard Rules.
- Dress for the Occasion: If you’re out on the water during the day, be sure to dress lightly, but with some sun protection. At night, depending on the area where you are paddleboarding, a wetsuit or drysuit may be more appropriate.
- Leash It Up: Be sure you’ve got a lease which tethers your SUP to you. There are actually different leashes based on the type of water you’re navigating, so be sure you’ve got the correct one.
- Lights & Whistle: The U.S. Coast Guard also requires that you have a whistle with you to warn other boaters while you are on the water. In addition, if you’re stand up paddleboarding at night, you’ll also need lights.
Paddle SMTX can make sure you’re properly equipped for a glow tour or any other guided tour on San Marcos area rivers.
You might also like: Plan A Visit To Wonder World Park
Nissan of San Marcos
After you’ve taken a tour of the river, we invite you to come into Nissan of San Marcos and take a tour of our facility and browse our inventory. We offer the full line of new Nissan models, including the popular Rogue compact crossover, at some of the lowest prices in the area.